Attached is the link to sign your child up if you know they will need a ride on this Friday’s Field Trip. A few Certified Drivers have kindly volunteered to take the students from North Shore Aquatic Center (Across from MMA) to the State Capitol then pick up from the SLC Public Library & returned back to North Shore. http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/ofars
Spaces are extremely limited, please sign up quickly. If they become full, team up with other parents. Have one drive there while the other picks up or have your child ask their friends how they are getting there. Maybe they can ride together. If you have any questions you may call Melinda (801) 695-6188
Due to construction, the East Capitol Entrance is temporarily closed. Visitors are encouraged to enter the Capitol through the North doors. The tour will meet in the Hall of Governors on the 1st floor of the Capitol Capitol Visitors Map
What you will need to wear or bring
- School dress code clothing
- Athletic shoes
- Water bottle
- A sack lunch
- A backpack with your Capstone materials
- Several pens and/or pencils
- 8:55 a.m SHARP. – Guardians drop students off at the State Capitol. Attendance is taken.
- 9 a.m. – We enter the facility. Half of the group will tour the building and the other half meet with local legislators.
- 10 a.m. – We will switch groups so the group that got the tour will meet with local legislators and the second group will get a tour of the building.
- 11 a.m. –Walk to the SLC Public Library.
- 11:30 a.m. –Eat lunch on the lawn of the library.
- 12 p.m. –Enter the library and split up into groups for librarian presentation.
- 12:30 p.m. –Independent research
- 2 p.m. –Guardians pick up students at the SLC Public Library.