We are excited to begin the 2019-2020 school year with some of our returning friends as well as meeting many new friends. Because our classroom blog is our main form of communication with parents please read the entire post. We need you to subscribe to our classroom blog to receive email notifications for weekly classroom updates as well as special classroom notifications. Here are the instructions on how to subscribe:
- On right hand side of the blog page you will find “Subscribe to our blog.” Click that link
- When the “Email Subscription Request” page comes up. enter your email address
- Enter the spam code into the box provided, and click on “Complete Subscription Request” button
- Go to your email (if it’s not there check junk folder) to complete the activation steps. Your subscription will not be complete unless you do this last step!
Here are some other things to help make our new beginning run more smoothly:
We will be administering Utah’s Kindergarten Entry Exit Profile, or the (KEEP) assessment for all kindergarten age students. To allow us the time necessary to accomplish this, we will be using August 12 through August 16 for assessments. There will not be school during this week for kindergarten students. Kindergarten and preschool students will have their first day of school on Monday, August 19th. We are asking all parents (preschool students as well) to sign your child up for 1 time slot. During the hour they are with us, we will do the assessment as well as give each student an orientation to the classroom and playground. The preschool students will only come for 30 minutes for an orientation.
Please sign up here: https://www.trackitforward.com/site/389525/events
The school and MAPA use the track it forward website as a way to help parents keep track of their volunteer hours as well as find all volunteer opportunities in one place. You will need to create an account before it will allow you to sign up for a time slot. It can take up to 24 hours for the registration process to be complete. Please be patient. If you have any problems, please email me. For those parents who do not sign up by the August 12th they will be assigned a date and time.
Each day we have a snack available for our students. We ask families to sign up and provide snacks for 2 weeks during the year. The signup sheets can also be found on the track it forward website. https://www.trackitforward.com/site/389525/events
We have also included Ms. Martha’s Classroom supply list for 2019-2020
*Notice* The items on this list will be used during the regular school day. They may be brought from home on a voluntary basis. Otherwise they will be furnished by the school.
All students– Personal items (labeled with child’s name)
– inside shoes/slippers- soft soles, free from characters (see dress code)
– Gallon size zip-lock bag which contains: pants, shirt, underwear, socks. These need to stay in your child’s backpack all year.
– water bottle
– 1 inch white 3 ring binder with the child’s name on the inside cover
– package of 50 sheet protectors (please place inside the binder)
– Carabiner clip for your child’s backpack (non-locking)
AM classroom donations (please do not label)
-sponges- no scouring pad
– 1 box of tissue
– playdough- (red, yellow and blue)
PM classroom donations (please do not label)
-gallon size Ziplock bags
– 1 roll paper towels
– playdough- (variety of colors)
Lastly, MMA will be hosting a PreK-9th Sneak A Peak event on Friday, August 9th from 3-6pm. On the half hour, beginning at 3pm, then again at 3:30, 4, 4:30, 5, 5:30pm – Ms. Valerie and I will give an overview of the classroom as well as answer any questions you might have. This will be an ideal time to drop off supplies and check out the classroom with your student. There is no RSVP, so just show up for a time that is most convenient for you.
We look forward to meeting with you and your child and having an excellent and exciting school year. See you soon!
Ms. Martha & Ms. Valerie