Maria Montessori Academy
Field Experience on October 11, 2019
at Discovery Gateway Clark Planetarium
110 400 W. Salt Lake City
The lead instructors are all lower elementary teachers.
We will participate in interactive displays and a workshop on planets. We will also attend a movie at the IMAX theater about the life of lemurs.
What you will do and what you will learn:
- Discover, explore, and create with interactive, hands-on exhibits
- Science and space through interactive displays
- Workshop on planets
- Attend and IMAX movie on the life of lemurs
What you will need to wear or bring:
- School uniform
- Sack lunch and water bottle with easy to carry back pack
- 8:10 am – Meet at UTA train station on Wall Ave (2350 Wall Ave) and board Frontrunner. Train leaves at 8:37 am.
- Arrive at Clark Planetarium by 9:45 am. Explore the planetarium and its interactive exhibits.
- 10:15 am – Holly, Karen, Leslee, and Mikaela’s classes will participate in Science Around the Sphere.
- 11:00 am – All classes will attend a movie at the IMAX Theater on the life of lemurs. Lunch will be eaten during the IMAX movie. Students and chaperones will be allowed to eat a sack lunch while in the theater. They must clean up after themselves and restore their environment before leaving the theater.
- 12:15 pm – Jalee, Shauna, Pat, and Krista’s classes will participate in Science Around the Sphere.
- 1:00 pm – Meet at the front of Planetarium and leave Clark Planetarium by 1:10 to board frontrunner for ride home. Will arrive back at the station on Wall Ave in Ogden at 2:24 pm. Parents will need to pick children up there. Please arrive early.
List A: ax, bag, cab, van, cap, dad, gas, ham
List B: lake, plate, rake, flame, grave, snake, tape, wave
List C: accident, acrobat, alarm, bounce, enormous, gap, scoop, support, tangle, weigh
List D: affect, calculate, climate, column, decay, exceed, forbid, grove, limb, mammoth, mature, permit, resist, scorch, tower