Thank you to those who have brought snack to the class. It is very much appreciated. Our snacks are low. If you are able, please sign up in Track it forward for dates you can bring it in.
Last Week we began our North America studies. Each child chose a different state they would like to focus on. Lvl 2 and 3 will do a research on their state so please ask and encourage your child by asking what they have learned about their state. Lvl 1’s helped draw the United States and the individual states. They will be drawing a picture of the flag from the state they have chosen.
We also began our study of the body. We are going to continue our study this week by looking at the skeletal system.
Clark Planetarium May 2
We will participate in interactive displays and a workshop on planets. We will also attend a movie at the Dome theater on extreme space.
|What you will do and what you will learn|
- Discover, explore, and create with interactive hands-on exhibits
- Science and space through interactive displays
- Workshop on planets
- Attend a movie on extreme space
|What you will need to wear or bring|
- School uniform
- Sack lunch and water bottle with easy to carry backpack
- Money for gift shop if desired
- 8:10 a.m. – Meet at UTA train station on Wall Ave (2350 Wall Ave) and board Frontrunner. Train leaves at 8:37 a.m.
- Arrive at Clark Planetarium by 9:45 a.m. Explore the planetarium and it’s interactive exibits.
10:30 – Participate in Science Around the Sphere.
- 11:30 – Attend a movie at the Dome Theater about deep space. Lunch will be eaten after the movie at the Dome Theater. Students will walk with chaperones to fountain area of the Gateway to enjoy lunch.
- 1:10 p.m. – Leave Clark Planetarium and board frontrunner for ride home. Will arrive back at the station on Wall Ave in Ogden at 2:24 p.m. Parents will need to pick children up there.
4/15/19- 5/10/19 –State testing (dates and times differ per class)
4/22/19 — Professional Development (Early Release)
4/22-23/19 — Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Junior High Play
4/30/19 — Junior High Guitar and Choir Concert TBD
5/1/19 — Elementary Spring Concert 6:00pm
5/2/19–Clark Planetarium Field trip
5/2/19 — MAPA General Meeting 7pm at MMA
5/3/19 –MAPA Meeting at 8:45am in the Conference Room
5/15/19 — Box Top Store
5/20/19 — Early Childhood bridging ceremony
5/21-24/19 — Early Release, Parent Teacher Conferences; Book Fair 1:00-7:00pm
5/21/19 –Lower Elementary bridging ceremony
5/22/19 — Upper Elementary bridging ceremony
5/24/19 –Last day of school
6/7/19 — MMA Pool Party at North Shore 6-9pm